Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lesson

No happy thing today.  There may be one, but I need to share a lesson I learned at a meeting last night.  CMS held a community meeting at Bri's middle school to discuss, vaguely, their 10 year plan for our area.  Since we moved almost three years ago our area has grown even more, there is construction going on all over the place.  Not houses or apartments are being built either, retail is also booming.  Here's what I learned at this community meeting: there are grown, working people that think money grows on trees!  CMS is not in the money making business.  If it were, I wouldn't have to collect Box Tops or link any sort of store card to help out the kids schools!  It costs around $25 million to build a new high school, and there were upset parents because CMS doesn't have one planned for our area now!  I don't think they understand the process that gets money to school systems. They surely don't understand that there are buildings that need to be replaced or renovated before we get a shiny new middle school and high school.

That's my rant for the day.  No one was awake when I got home last night, so I've been holding this all night!  I hope everyone has a most wonderful Thursday!

No comments: